Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
901 - 912 of 912 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I was hoping someone might know where I can wire my turn-on wire for my aftermarket amp?

I'm just doing an amp and 10" sub in my trunk so I was hoping there's something near the rear of the vehicle that will allow this.

I have a 2019 Model 3. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
22 Posts
I'm not sure how the ohmmu can change the way the car analyzes the current draw, but during my testing I found that my setup would work for about a week and a half before it would give me the error code. I'm using the penthouse connection with relay (my initial issue was related to a faulty relay) to power 3000 watts RMS of amplification. I plan on adding one more amp in the future to power the rears and center.
Hello,
Are you running secondary battery?
Thank you,

· Registered
17 Posts
I recently finished my install and wanted to share it incase anyone wants to add an amp to their car: https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaModel3/comments/yqm4v2
Did you put any thermal fusing on that resistor? Eventually when resistors fail, they can burn up literally. Probably safe to put some kind of thermal break on that thing in case. Personally, I'm going to use relay and a 16ah headway type lithium battery and forgo the resistor. That way the battery acts as the buffer and shields the DC-DC converter from the big draw.

· Registered
5 Posts
I guess I should correct myself. On a newer AMD tesla you will need a second battery to run safely any amp over 500w RMS depending on the type of amp. In the older cars with intel you can run much higher wattage without the need to add a second battery. the 15v battery in the AMD systems is very small and cannot support high current pulls without making the car think there's an issue and throwing itself into a kind of protection.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, just after a bit of advice if anyone can help. I was (casually) recommended a Kenwood KSC-PSW10ST powered subby to install in my 2022 Tesla Model 3 RWD. Specs are 1200W max power, 350W RMS. I have bought it but not yet installed. I'm trying to work out if the power draw is too great or if it's going to kill the 12v lithium ion battery/trigger errors. Any ideas? Is there a rough RMS I should be considering when installing an aftermarket sub?

· Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know if the VCleft wire is still a good choice for a turn on signal for an amp? I have the 2023 M3 LR.
Was also considering adding a manual switch to turn the amp on myself, anyone see a problem with that?
Thanks!

901 - 912 of 912 Posts